French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa

French Fries, Samosa,Green Beans And Carrots

French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa cream of mushroom soup



French Fries

Best homemade French fries! These French fries are easy to make at home and they are perfect for snack or for breakfast, If you are having them with other meals like in this case I had them with green beans and carrots and samosas then you can have them for lunch or dinner but if you are just having them with a drink or smoothie then they are perfect for snack or side dish.


These Homemade French Fries are delicious and quick to make.

French Fries are known by many different names like Chips, Finger Chips, French-Fried Potatoes, deep-fried please or simply fries.


Some alternative names include: 

Finger chips, Fries, hot chips, potato wedges, wedges, frites, steak fries, chips. 


Homemade Chips don't have to be complicated, the perfect Chips Recipe doesn't have to be time consuming.


French Fries Recipe on cookappetite.com


French fries recipe

These Finger chips are soft and tender inside and out.

Your French fries recipe can be crisp and golden from outside but I was going for soft and tender fries. The fries were as delicious as they look, pictures don't lie 😍😋 I'm sure you agree with me on this one. Don't you? 😙


Finger chips recipe of deep frying chips then adding salt isn't wrong, as long as it's delicious, your cooking or frying style isn't wrong but trying out different recipes is great because it doesn't make cooking boring.


Homemade French Fries

These homemade French fries are made from russet potatoes, the fries came out as delicious as I was expecting them to come out. 

What's good? They can be made ahead of time, they can either be baked in the oven or they can be deep fried.


These French fries are restaurant quality, who needs restaurant fries when you can make them at home just as good?

French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa cream of mushroom soup


How to make French fries

This is a five star French fries recipe.

How to make homemade French Fries

1. Wash and slice the potatoes 1/2 inch, you can use a knife or a French fry cutter, French fry cutter makes the work easier.


2. Soak them in water and vinegar mixture for 30 minutes.( Soaking them in vinegar and water mixture gives them a tangy and lemon taste and a defined texture )


3. Rinse them with cold water and Pat them dry completely.


4. Heat oil and deep fry them for 14 minutes at 300 degrees Celsius. Do not overcrowd them. Place them on a paper towel when ready.


5. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper or sauce.

Potato Wedges Recipe

Boerewors and potato wedges

Baked Potato Wedges And Fried Fish

Crisp Baked Potato Wedges, Hungarian Sausage And Salad


Green Beans And Carrots In Cream Of Mushroom Soup

This green beans and carrots is a fancy vegetable side dish, standing in cream of mushroom soup, honestly there is no carrots and green beans recipe more fancier than this recipe.


They're the perfect compliment for the samosa and french fries.



The truth is that green beans and carrots are not fancy without the seasoning and the extra preparation, our mouths are not going to start watering for regular green beans and carrots 🥕 you have to give the meal more attention in order for it to be extraordinary. 

Carrots And Green Beans Recipe on cookappetite.com


Carrots And Green Beans 

Carrots And Green Beans In Cream Of Mushroom Soup

French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa cream of mushroom soup


How do I choose carrots and green beans?

Sometimes choosing the perfect carrots and green beans can be a hard choice to make.

Green Beans:

Choose green beans that are bright green and firm. They should snap easily when broken.

Avoid green beans that have discoloration, bumps or brown spots.

Carrots:

Perfect carrots should have a smooth skin and should be bright orange and firm and the top should be green.


Cream Of Mushroom Soup

Cream of mushroom soup with carrots and green beans 

It's easy, and quick to make, this cream of mushroom soup takes only 20 minutes or less.

This Cream of mushroom soup recipe is one of a few classic recipe on this blog but I need to mention it that I was making it for the first time, well I once had cream of mushroom soup at a restaurant but it's only now that I attempted to make it.

Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe on cookappetite.com


Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe

I love various kinds of soups so when I had cream of mushroom, I really wanted to give it a try.

French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa cream of mushroom soup
People swear that homemade cream of mushroom soup is better than the one that come in a can, I can't agree or disagree with them because I haven't had my homemade cream of mushroom yet, but I'm still exploring and I hope I'll make some soon, when I do, I'll definitely share the recipe with everyone of you 😊 



How to make cream of mushroom soup

You can make cream of mushroom soup from scratch right in your kitchen or you can just buy a can of cream of mushroom soup. There are a lot of versions of cream of mushroom soup with different packaging.

Like I mentioned I was making this for the first time so I just bought a packet. I hope I'll soon make the cream from scratch then I'll share the recipe with y'all.

For this recipe , I just followed the instructions on the packet then I added my carrots and green beans.

Samosa Recipe

These Samosas are stuffed with chicken, garlic and onion. Samosa is very common in Zambia, you can buy them at any corner. 

I love my samosa less oily and crispy.

I only make samosas when the kids request for them, the moment I see flour, potatoes etc the first thing that comes into my mind is meat pie, yessssssss! Meat Pies are my favs and I make sure I make them delicious. 


Samosa Recipe on cookappetite.com

Homemade Samosa 

I didn't make these samosas from scratch, instead I bought puff pastry.

Do not worry though, I have a detailed samosa and spring rolls recipe on this blog.

Samosa And Spring Rolls Recipe


French Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And SamosaFrench Fries Recipe, Carrots And Green Beans And Samosa



Author: 

Homemade Chips don't have to be complicated, the perfect Chips Recipe doesn't have to be time consuming.

Ingredients
  • 10 Large Potatoes
  • Vinegar
  • Carrots
  • Green Beans
  • Cream of mushroom soup
  • Samosa Puff Pastry
Instructions
French Fries 

1. Wash and slice the potatoes 1/2 inch, you can use a knife or a French fry cutter, French fry cutter makes the work easier. 

2. Soak them in water and vinegar mixture for 30 minutes.( Soaking them in vinegar and water mixture gives them a tangy and lemon taste and a defined texture ) 

3. Rinse them with cold water and Pat them dry completely. 

4. Heat oil and deep fry them for 14 minutes at 300 degrees Celsius. Do not overcrowd them. Place them on a paper towel when ready. 

5. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper or sauce. 

Carrots And Green Beans 
1. Boil carrots for a minute then add green beans for another minute. Drain. 

Cream Of Mushroom Soup 
1. Cook Cream Of mushroom soup as per package instructions. You can substitute water for cream or milk. When desired consistency is achieved place in a bowl and add carrots and green beans. 
 Samosa 
1. I bought puff pastry. They had chicken,Onion and garlic.

Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 615kcal
Fat: 50g
Cuisine: Zambian
Category: Snacks
Keyword: French Fries, Carrots And Green Beans, Cream Of Mushroom Soup, Samosa


Rate This

Comments

  1. I want I want I want...I looooove Samosas, they're my fave...I can't wait to make me some, yumm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love samosa a lot, I would try your recipe this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate samosa before and is so delicious but now I have an idea about the ingredients thanks to this I will save this post

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU BLOG IS WONDERFULL .....I LOVE SAMOSA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It pumps up my taste buds sister. I 'll try it with my family today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment