9 Health benefits of ginger

 

 

 9 Health Benefits of ginger



Ginger is not just a food flavoring root,it has many amazing help benefits.

Let me mention that I'm not a lover of ginger due to it isn't so nice taste but due to it's benefits I do attempt to use it in my food,and a couple of times,I do make a ginger tea.

Ginger is a very popular spice used worldwide; whether it be used to spice up meals, or as a medicine, the demand for ginger all over the world has been consistent throughout history.[32] Ginger can be used for a variety of food or medicine items such as vegetables, candy, soda, pickles, and alcoholic beverages.[28]

Ginger is a fragrant kitchen spice.[4] Young ginger rhizomes are juicy and fleshy with a mild taste. They are often pickled in vinegar or sherry as a snack or cooked as an ingredient in many dishes. They can be steeped in boiling water to make ginger herb tea, to which honey may be added. Ginger can be made into candy or ginger wine.

Mature ginger rhizomes are fibrous and nearly dry. The juice from ginger roots is often used as a seasoning in Indian recipes and is a common ingredient of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, and many South Asian cuisines for flavoring dishes such as seafood, meat, and vegetarian dishes.


Fresh ginger can be substituted for ground ginger at a ratio of six to one, although the flavors of fresh and dried ginger are somewhat different. Powdered dry ginger root is typically used as a flavoring for recipes such as gingerbread, cookies, crackers and cakes, ginger ale, and ginger beer. Candied ginger or crystallized ginger, known in the U.K. as "stem ginger", is the root cooked in sugar until soft, and is a type of confectionery. Fresh ginger may be peeled before eating. For longer-term storage, the ginger can be placed in a plastic bag and refrigerated or frozen

Source Wikipedia



9 Health benefits of Ginger

1. Anti-cancer
ginger having anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce necrobiosis thereby reducing the danger of cancer.


2. Anti-aging- The antioxidant in ginger helps you look younger,the antioxidant helps protect your skin from UV rays and pollution

3. Boost Immunity
during this pandemic most people are trying to seek out ways of boosting their immunity without realizing the answer is true in their kitchen.
Ginger has antimicrobial and antifungal properties that help fight infection and help boost the immunity.

4. Reduce Risks of Diabetes.
The properties in ginger helps regulate insulin which successively helps prevent diabetes.


5. Anti-inflammatory
the gingerol in ginger may be a anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Anti-inflammatory help curb an over active system .
Inflammation is liable for a body healing after an injury.

6. Relives Pain
Ginger contains a substance referred to as gingerols that helps to scale back period pains,back pains muscle pain, bone pain etc.
So if you suffer from arthritis you would possibly want to think about taking ginger

7. Helps fight infection
The antifungal properties and antibacterial helps fight infection and boost immunity

8. May Help Heal irritated Skin
the anti-inflammatory in ginger helps with irritated skin,it also helps with itchy skin caused by allergies.
Please note that if your skin is irritated due to dry skin, kindly buy a moisturizing cream and pure glycerine.
If it's caused by an allergy then seek medical attention because the allergy might be caused by something serious.

9. Helps Prevent heart Disease

 Study suggests that ginger can reduce major risks of heart condition .

How TO USE GINGER

Treating a cold

Boil 1 Cup of water,add 2 Tablespoona of ginger ,or boil 2 medium size fresh ginger.
Let the water cool then drink.
Check this recipe on how to make Ginger garlic paste

For easing period cramps

Add 1 tablespoon of ginger to your tea 2 to three times each day .

To reduce Weight

Add 1 Tablespoon of fresh grated ginger,Lemon Juice and three teaspoons of honey to at least one cup of warm water.

Initially you can buy ginger juice from any shop

Buying ginger juice doesn't only save time but it is also equipped with some health ingredients like lemon, cinnamon,honey etc.

Ginger juice comes fully equipped.

Like it? Pin it for later!
Benefits of ginger
#benefits
#of 
#ginger



Rate This

Comments

  1. Cannot agree more - we've been using ginger at home in most suitable recipes and its proven very helpful and sometimes, very tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using ginger for a long time and most recently use for a detox recipe that includes cucumber infused water and it is doing wonders for weight loss! I absolutely agree about all these health benefits of ginger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom has being using it as well.it's doing wonders for her as well.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I wish I liked ginger. I'd be all over this. So many health benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ginger. But my wife doesnt like it. I always drink ginger for better voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it either but I do try drinking for the sake of my health.

      Delete
  5. Ginger is amazing! I make sure to always have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I always have it at home and in the office, either ginger powder or ginger roots.

      Delete
  6. Yeah..Ginger is much beneficial for us..Thanks for sharing such valuable information...Some of ideas are much new for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love ginger in our house. We like it especially in congee/lugaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Sometimes I try to add half a teaspoon of ginger powder in the food am cooking.

      Delete
  8. I knew ginger had a bunch of great benefits, but I wasn't aware of some of these. We use ginger frequency in our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a lot of benefits, some are not mentioned in the post. I make sure that I don't run out of ginger.

      Delete
  9. I used ginger frequently during pregnancy for nausea. It helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. Unfortunately I didn't know this information when I was pregnant.

      Delete
  10. LOVE ginger. I use it often as an anti-inflammatory and it works so well for me. My favorite tea is ginger and turmeric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried ginger and tumeric tea but I'll try it soon.

      Delete
    2. I have never tried ginger and tumeric tea, but I'll try it some day.

      Delete
  11. We have been taking ginger in hot lemon water daily these days. Ginger is so helpful for health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Ginger and lemon make a great combination, same thing with ginger and honey. Even though I do not like drinking honey and ginger it cures my flu and cough really fast.

      Delete
  12. I love ginger especially when used for cooking. Like it also in drinks for its' soothing effect on throat. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Ginger smoothie or juice really work well for the throat.

      Delete
  13. I love the ginger flavor don't I'm not that fond of the ginger drink. I usually cook tinola and curry with ginger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Ginger tastes much better when it's put in food compared a ginger drink.

      Delete
  14. Super hate this flavor though I know that it's really good for the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too but I drink or chew it for the sake of my body.haha

      Delete
  15. Woah I didn't know ginger had those many benefits! That made me think to use ginger for health benefits. thanks for the detailed information!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are welcome. Hope you are taking some ginger 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment