Homemade Pizza Recipe

Homemade pizza Recipe


Homemade Pizza Recipe The majority of people are obsessed with pizza. At first I wasn't a fan of pizza so I did not understand the obsession with it, til I tried a friend's homemade pizza, it was delicious with good amount of chicken, some tomato ketchup, some mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese, the cheese were minimal, so they did not take away the spotlight of the crust chewy pizza dough. At that point I asked myself " why the hell do I hate pizza 🍕 when it's this delicious, and incredible?" I had not started baking by then so i wasn't mad at myself for missing many years of great pizza. You see! Before I even started baking, I hated cheese, it was one of the many reasons why I avoided pizza, but when I started spending a lot of time in the kitchen I started experimenting with many ingredients like mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.

homemade pizza recipe




I made my first pizza, let me admit that it wasn't as delicious as Monica's pizza ( my friend ) but it wasn't that bad. Even hough it wasn't that delicious, I still managed to finish it, "like why on earth would I want to waste my ingredients and all the prep plus cook time?" So I ate it all🤣🤣




I asked Monica to share her homemade pizza recipe with me, and as a good friend, she shared it with me. I paid attention to all the details so that I would mess up this time around. Let me admit that my second pizza recipe was everything, it was crusty outside yet soft inside, the chicken was tender and I picked the most delicious tomato ketchup, ladies and gentlemen, my chicken pizza was everything you want your pizza to be.

You can easily buy a pizza base from the market or store, but as long as you haven't made the pizza crust by yourself then you won't feel the sense of satisfactory, cause pizza base is what defines pizza. This easy pizza recipe will guide you on how you can make an easy yet satisfying pizza base.



Here is my second pizza recipe and this time around I used French polony


 

Learn how to make pizza at home the easy way.
Pizza is one of the most-sort yet it's one of the easiest dishes that you prepare at home. What makes a good pizza isn't the topping but the base, pizza isn't all about throwing cheese, ketchup and some chicken on it. Your topping might be good, but as long as your base is a mess then you'll have a messed up pizza, you'll just be chewing in ketchup and cheese.

easy homemade pizza recipe

 

You can easily buy a pizza base from the market or store, but as long as you haven't made the pizza crust by yourself then you won't feel the sense of satisfactory, cause pizza base is what defines pizza.
This easy pizza recipe will guide you on how you can make an easy yet satisfying pizza base.

The pizza crust is made with just a few ingredients.
These are All-Purpose flour, Yeast, Water, Olive oil, Salt and sugar.
Tasty pizza crust made with just 6 ingredients, and if you are planning on making a pizza then you must already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
The topping can be a bit different but as long as the crust is the same them there shouldn't be that much of a difference.

This pizza topping is made with ketchup, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, green pepper, French polony, Italian salami sausage, mozzarella cheese and thyme. The good thing is that salami and French polony can be substituted for other ingredients.

This pizza is one of the most versatile pizza recipe, you can use vegetables of your choice and if you don't like green pepper or onion, then you can replace them with your favs.
You can serve pizza at a party or on a date.

I kept this pizza dough recipe as simple as possible.

how to make pizza dough

 

 

HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH INGREDIENTS


The genesis of a great pizza is it's base, which is the dough.
Here is the list of the ingredients I used for my pizza crust recipe.

All Purpose Flour: Unbleached all purpose flour, I sieved my flour to make it fluffy and softer. If you have bread flour then it is even better.

Yeast: I used instant yeast. You only need one packet of yeast which is 2 ¼ Teaspoons for this crust recipe.

Water: There is no pizza crust without water. I used ⅔ Cup of warm water. You should know that hot water kills the yeast, so use warm water.

Oil: I used 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. It's my favorite oil and I don't run out of it. Another great option is vegetable oil and avocado oil.

Salt: Whatever you are baking, don't forget to add salt, even a bit of it. I once bought fritters and they had zero salt, I said "never again".

Sugar: Sugar increases the yeast activity.

how to make pizza dough step by step.

 

HOMEMADE PIZZA TOPPINGS INGREDIENTS
Delicious pizza toppings plus delicious pizza crust = pizza of the year.
Use any toppings you like:French Polony, Salami,Green Pepper, Ketchup,Cheddar Cheese,
Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato, Onion and Thyme.

 

Tomato ketchup - ketchup is a great condiments.

 

HOW TO STRETCH OUT PIZZA DOUGH

HANDS:You can use your hands to stretch out your pizza dough, although let me mention that it takes a bit of patience and practice to stretch pizza using hands. Just wash your hands and lightly flour them, then start stretching the dough until you are satisfied with the length and the shape.
ROLLING PIN: stretching pizza dough with a rolling pin is an easiest way of getting the job done, you can use a rolling pin and a rolling board to roll the dough into a square shape or a circle shape.

pizza recipe

 

HOW TO FLAVOR PIZZA DOUGH.
There are some people who believe that pizza base made with just flour and water can be a bit boring. I do agree with them a little bit. I believe that pizza flavor comes from topping, and that's why you have to choice wise, on what toppings will go in your pizza.
But here are a few things you can add in your pizza dough to make it less boring.
Add ⅓ teaspoon of garlic powder and some dry basil leaves.

* You can use this pizza dough to make a pizza of your choice like Hawaiian pizza, Chicago style deep dish pizza, Margherita pizza, BBQ chicken pizza, Sausage Mozzarella pizza. Just to mention a few.

homemade pizza recipe

 

TYPE OF CHEESE TO USE
This is a mozzarella cheddar cheese pizza recipe. Mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese are my top choice because they melt very prefect. Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese/ cheddar cheese are a great option as well.
*Note that Parmesan cheese is not used on it's own*

homemade pizza toppings

 

HOW TO MAKE PIZZA



  1. Whisk warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixed fitted with a paddle attachment.

  2. Add flour in a bowl and mix with salt. Use a flour mesh and sieve the flour. Add flour in a stand mixer, then add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat on low-medium speed for 3 minutes or until the mixture is well incorporated.
    *If you don't have a stand mixer, simply use a large mixing bowl and mix the dough with a wooden spoon.*

  3. Place your dough on a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour your hands and knead the dough for 4 minutes. Your dough should feel fluffy and soft.
    *Kneading dough by hands always yield great results*

  4. Grease a large bowl with non-stick spray, and place the dough in the bowl. Turn it so that it is coated with oil. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap.

  5. Allow the dough to rise in the refrigerator for 80 minutes or until it has doubled in size.

  6. Preheat oven to 250°C. Let it heat for 15 minutes while you shape the pizza.

  7. Grease baking sheet with oil or non-stick spray.

  8. Shape the dough according to your desired shape. Punch the dough down to release air bubbles once you are done shaping it.

  9. Gently flatten the dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin. Place it on the prepared sheet and using floured hands, stretch and flatted it into a square.

  10. Cover dough with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap while you prepare the pizza toppings.
    You can use chicken and have a homemade chicken pizza, some pineapple and other ingredients for a perfect homemade Hawaiian pizza. I used salami sausage and French polony. I can proudly say I baked an italian samali pizza or a French polony pizza

  11. Brush the top with olive oil. Arrange your toppings starting with ketchup, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, green pepper, French polony, Salami, Mozzarella Cheese, then lastly with thyme.
    Bake for 20 minutes.


Freezing Pizza Instructions
After the pizza dough rises, coat all sides of the dough with olive oil or non-stick spray. Place in a zipped bag and seal tightly, squeeze out all the air and freeze for 3 months.

To thaw, place the pizza dough in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow to rest for 20 minutes on the counter.
Punch down air from the dough.

how to make pizza at home

 

WHAT IS SALAMI?
"Salami is a type of cured sausage consisting of fermented and air dried meat, mostly chicken, beef or pork. Salami sausage is made of ground meat which combined with fat, flavorings, and preservatives, and then stuffed into a casing and twisted at intervals"

More Pizza Recipes 

You'll love the most famous Chicago style pizza. This Chicago style deep dish pizza is thick, chewy and cheesy

Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

 

If you love stuffed recipes and eggplants 🍆 then you'll love this eggplant stuffed pizza.
It's quick and easy. This is the quietest pizza I have ever made.
Eggplant Pizza

 

Whoever said pineapple doesn't go on pizza hasn't tasted the most delicious bacon Hawaiian pizza.
Try this bbq bacon Hawaiian pizza and it will become one of your favorite pizza recipes

Bbq bacon Hawaiian pizza

 
Like It? Pin it for later!

Learn how to make pizza at home the easy way. Pizza is one of the most-sort yet it's one of the easiest dishes that you prepare at home. What makes a good pizza isn't the topping but the base, pizza isn't all about throwing cheese, ketchup and some chicken on it. Your topping might be good, but as long as your base is a mess then you'll have a messed up pizza, you'll just be chewing in ketchup and cheese.






Follow these easy instructions for a chewy pizza crust.Homemade pizza recipe is always a winner because you get to have a chance to customize to your liking.

Homemade Pizza Recipe

Homemade Pizza Recipe

INGREDIENTS

Dough Ingredients:
  • 2 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 ¼ Tablespoons instant yeast
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil for drizzling
  • Toppings Ingredients:
  • 100mls Tomato ketchup
  • ½ cup cheddar cheess
  • ½ mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 ½ onion
  • ½ green pepper
  • French polony, thinly sliced
  • Salami, cut into pieces
  • Thyme

METHOD

    1. Whisk warm water, yeast and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixed fitted with a paddle attachment.
    2. Add flour in a bowl and mix with salt. Use a flour mesh sifter and sieve the flour. Add flour in a stand mixer, then add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat on low-medium speed for 3 minutes or until the mixture is well incorporated. *If you don't have a stand mixer, simply use a large mixing bowl and mix the dough with a wooden spoon.*
    3. Place your dough on a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour your hands and knead the dough for 4 minutes. Your dough should feel fluffy and soft. *Kneading dough by hands always yield great results.
    4. Grease a large bowl with non-stick spray, and place the dough in the bowl. Turn it so that it is coated with oil. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap.
    5. Allow the dough to rise in the refrigerator for 80 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
    6. Preheat oven to 250°C. Let it heat for 15 minutes while you shape the pizza.
    7. Grease baking sheet with oil or non-stick spray.
    8. Shape the dough according to your desired shape. Punch the down to release air bubbles once you are done shaping it.
    9. Gently flatten the dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin. Place it on the prepared sheet and using floured hands, stretch and flatted it into a square.
    10. Cover dough with a kitchen towel or a plastic wrap while you prepare the pizza toppings.
    11. Brush the top with olive oil. Arrange your toppings starting with ketchup, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, green pepper, French polony, Salami, Mozzarella Cheese, then lastly with thyme. Bake for 20 minutes.

        NOTES
        1.You can use chicken and have a homemade chicken pizza, some pineapple and other ingredients for a perfect homemade Hawaiian pizza. I used salami sausage and French polony. I can proudly say I baked an italian samali pizza or a French polony pizza 🍕 
        2.If you don't have a stand mixer, then simply use a large mixing bowl and mix the dough with a wooden spoon Kneading dough by hands always yield great results.

        Equipments Used
        • Stand Mixer 
        • Glass Batter Bowl 
        • Measuring Spoons 
        • Measuring Cups 
        • Rolling Pin 
        • Flour Mesh Sifter 
        • Rolling Board

TRIED THIS RECIPE?

I would love to hear from you. If you have made this recipe then please do leave a comment below. If you like this recipe then please do share the recipe with your friends and family on Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Did you make this recipe? Tag @cook.appetite or hashtag it #cookappetite!



Rate This

Comments

  1. Easy to follow recipe! I'll sure try it during quarantine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! Saving this to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pizza with lots of toppings especially tomatoes. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I love pizza and recently we also indulged from our homemade pizza, but we only did the toppings not the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pizza and I can't wait to try this at home yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Due to lockdown I am craving badly for pizza. Never tried homemade though but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment